Saturday, July 11, 2015





  If someone asked me what words come to mind when I think of the state of Colorado....I would not have said "colorful".
Thin air, mountains, John Denver, skiing, snow, Coors...
Still, I was stumped by the slogan. So I took my time there to purposely look for color.
What  I found were foothills striped with reds, silvers, grays and blacks. Mountains layered in every color of green. Wildflowers of multiple shades of purples, reds, yellows, golds, white and pinks. Gray Aspens and Blue Spruces. Red Rocks and red soils. Yellow rays of sun and a nighttime sky blanketed in tiny shining stars. So many stars that the encounter stopped my oldest in his tracks. Not much does that.
The most colorful of all was my husbands mind, filled with memories of a place he once called home. The peacefulness in his eyes as he gazed up at the mountains was priceless. If this trip does nothing else...I will have been content but of course.......

We ain't seen NOTHIN yet!  BababaBABY we just ain't seen no no no nothing Yet!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love Colorado!
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love Colorado!
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete